Thursday, November 11, 2010

Walked off 40 pounds: Is it time to start running

During the past seven months of walking an average of 4 times a week, I've managed to loose and keep off a total of 40 pounds. This has encouraged me to keep making healthy lifestyle changes to lead me to my overall fitness goal. The walking has helped me strengthen my muscles and feel more healthy. A pedometer and good pair of padded sneakers have been my tools so far. The pedometer has helped monitor my progress and set new goals for myself. I'm encouraged to start jogging and explore how much more progress could be made by using this alternative exercise. I have noticed many fitness minded people mentioning running in minmalist type of running shoes that resemble barefoot running. I'm definately interested in exploring this fitness tool.

Please feel free to leave any comments or suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment